Powder Creek Rules and Regulations 2018
2018 Safety Waiver PDF
Inclement Weather Policy PDF
Your safety is important at Powder Creek. We have adopted the following rules to keep everyone safe and make your experience the best possible:
Rules of Conduct
- Eye Protection: Required by everyone on the shooting field.
- Hearing Protection: Required on all shooting fields.
- Loading Gun: Do not load gun until it is your turn to shoot.
- Pointed Down Range: Always keep the muzzle of your gun down range.
- Action Open: Always carry gun with action open.
- Target Loads Only: Always use LEAD target loads, shot sizes 7 1/2, 8, 8 1/2, or 9 shot. Larger than 7 1/2 is not permitted. If you are in question about load, please ask management. Shooting non permitted ammunition is ground for removal from the premises
- Number of Shells: Never load more shells than needed for that target presentation.
- Trap – 1 shell.
- Skeet – never more than 2 shells.
- 5-Stand – never more then 2 shells.
- Sporting Clays – never more than 2 shells.
- All persons must wear protective glasses and ear protection at all times when on any shooting course, ie. Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays, or Patterning Board.
- Largest shotgun ammunition allowed is 12ga. 2 3/4 in. in length and 1 1/8 oz. of shot, shot size of 7 ½.
- While waiting your turn to shoot, be certain your position is safely behind the shooter, clear of his field of vision.
- The only time a shotgun will be loaded is when the shooter is actually on station and ready for his turn to shoot.
- Practice swings from behind any station are not allowed.
- At no time will a shooter load more than 2 shells in a shotgun
- Before leaving the station, shooters will ensure that the gun is unloaded and the action is open.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed before or during shooting nor on any shooting course or field.
- Never handle another shooters gun without permission.
- It is strictly forbidden to shoot any bird or animal on any shooting course or field at Powder Creek.
- If you have an ATV, such as a Mule, Gator, 4 Wheeler, or Golf Cart, we ask that you use extreme caution and respect fellow shooters who are walking and keep your speed moderate.
- All pets are to be on a leash or an electric collar and under owner control except in the off-leash area.
- Should you experience an ammunition malfunction or gun malfunction, keep the muzzle pointed down range until the firearm is rendered safe.
- If you have a problem with any employee of Powder Creek, we respectfully ask that you bring it to the attention of the management, and let us handle it.
- Illegal drugs are not allowed or permitted on Powder Creek property at any time.